Friday, June 29, 2007
1. Are you taller than your mom? Yes
2. What color is your car? Smokey BLUE
3. What is the closest thing to you that is red? hmm I think these spiderman stickers...
4. What is your ringtone? If you seriously know me... phones are ANNOYING... no cell phone ring for this girl....
5. Are you sick? Depends on how you REALLY want to ask this question... LOL LOL
6. Do you have a favorite pillow? You're kidding right..? Cause when I finally DRAG myself to bed.. I conk right out.. if I wake up.. I'm up!!
7. What is your favorite game? any that my kids are playing in!!
8. Had a nap today? NOPE which is AWESOME.. cause it's been touch and go with naps with me for MONTHS!! I was beginning to wonder if depression was creeping in.. but I think my daily hour walk/devotionals have been helping!!!
9. Gold or Silver? I'm NOT a jewelry wearer.. I don't even wear my wedding bands.. bad.. I know... but I find jewelery to be bothersome....
10. Is there an animal that creeps you out? HUMANS!! Should I go into details... LOL LOL
11.Who was the last person you rode an elevator with? some lady from the hospital...
12. Did you go iceskating as a kid? YUP and I fell in the water.. no extra clothes either.. and my friend who I was visiting was a BEAN pole.. Ever been chubby and tried fitting into your teeny tiny friends sweatpants.. word of advice.. it's NOT PRETTY!!!
13. Ever have stitches? YUP.. on my forhead.. accident.. two babies.. C-Sections.. and ankle surgery... anddddddddddd a breast reduction!! WOO HOO!!
14. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Umm DIET PEPSI!!! Remember the vintage commercial..??
15. How long ago did you kiss someone? Right before dinner.. my son says "mom.. give me a kiss cause we'll live longer...".. He and his "knowledge".. LOL LOL
16. What's something you want to do before you die? Smile!!
17. Have you ever caught something on fire? As much as I am good cook.. I have caught food on fire...
18. Have you ever seen a ghost? nahhhhhhh
19. Have you ever seen the northern lights?I don't think so...
20. Do you know how to use chop sticks? nah.. why would I learn..?? LOL LOL
21. Name something good that happened today. I slept til 8:30 am!! WOO HOO
22. What room are you in? Computer/Scrap room
23. Are you worried about something you can't control? probably...
24. Do you like to exercise? ALL THE TIME...!!!
25. Ever been in a car wreck?YES!! A teenager hit me.. totaled my car and told me she had no insurance... UGH.. We decided to go small claims court.. and a MIRACLE happened.. she HAD insurance.. Go figure!! In the state of NH you DO NOT need car insurance if you own a car outright UNTIL..... you have your first accident and it's YOUR fault.. then you have to carry it for a certain amount of time..... Sweet law huh???--NOT and it's the ONLY STATE that you DO NOT have to wear a seatbelt in under the age of 18.. or have a helmet to ride a motorcycle!!( but you do a peddle bike... )
26. Are you wearing nailpolish? on my toe nails.. I had to see a vascular surgeon yesterday.. so I painted my toenails to match my undies!! LOL LOL
27. Favorite color? GREEN
28. Innie or Outie? Bellybutton...??? I need to tell you something.. I don't got a bellybutton...
29. Ever been to Canada? NO.. and I LIVE SO CLOSE!!
30. Sweet or Sour?BOTH
31. Sun or Moon? depends.. if it's 70's SUN..if it's 100 MOON
32. What shoes did you wear today? WHAT ELSE.. FLIPFLOPS!!! and then walking sneakers for an hour!!
33. Favorite eye color of the opposite sex? I would have to say BLUE...
34. Most important quality in any relationship? TRUST
35. Favorite movie? Overboard.. The color purple.. Fried Green Tomatoes.. The little Mermaid
36. Time of day you were born? I really don't know.
37. Do you know your blood type? O- I had the RH shots for each baby!!
38. What would you spend 5000 dollars on right now if you were handed it? A new Camera.. and a couch.. hubby could spend the rest..
39. Name something you are grateful for! Everyone always says.. the obvious.. I'm grateful for Ice cubes
40. Did you grow up in the city or country? Country 5.5 acres
41. Would you ever consider going on a reality tv show if offered a large sum of money? NO!!
42. One of your dreams? To become a nurse.. and hopefully I will start that journey in September!!
43. Hugs or kisses? hmm hard one.. how about hershey kisses!!
44. You have 10 dollars to spend in the dollar store. Picture frames...!! and a candy to eat while putting pictures in the frames..
45. Slurpee flavor? ewwwwwwwwwwww BRAIN FREEZE!! and the HORRID aftertaste.. BLUCK!!!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
HEYYYYYYYYY all.. I am so sorry about the delay in my blog.. these past couple of weeks around this house have been super-de-duper CRAZY!!! Tonight.. I am making time for all of my cyber buddies.. and maybe the hour long walk I just took gave me ENERGY!! WOO HOO....
I have so many things to write about and be thankful for that I don't even know where to begin, so I think over the next few days I'll just write what comes to heart and share!!
This is a picture of my precious kitty EMMA... she has the right Idea ... she did this herself.. she is laying on my table cloth and snuck under my quilted runner that I lay on top of it... It just came out of the dryer... What a CRAZY CAT!!
I'm scattered brained tonight.. I was just browsing around youtube looking for commercials when I was kid... I found the Woodsy Owl.. Remember Give a HOOT don't POLUTE.. LOL LOL.. Well upon that commercial I found this one...!! You have to watch it.. I won't give it away.. but I just remember STOPPING everything I was doing.. and HAD to watch... What is it about this entertainer that DRAWS people to him? Now as an adult.. I realize that he is one of God's son's... but I question if he feels the Love of Christ.... I'm hoping someday that he comes back to reality and realizes that himself... Guess who I'm talking about yet?? LOL LOL...
Friday, June 22, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Some days I wish that the world was just like that.. I wish people knew when others were hurting... so that you could give hugs all around... I wish you knew when people needed help... so you could extend your offers... I wish you could know when someone has just lost a loved one.. so you could share their sorrows....
Funny how in this world.. we know when everyone is just happy... we never have to ask.. never have to ask.. it's always quite visible.... That's what I think heaven will be like.. true happiness is always visible...
I know God is all knowing... and it's AWESOME to know that HE knows when we hurt.. cause He's there to hug... He knows when we are through trials because He's there to hold our hands through it... and He especially knows when we're happy because He's the root of all our our Happiness.... Everything we have or will have is all due to Him...
So tomorrow I challenge you anywhere you go extend a smile or even a Hello.. You just might make some one's day...!!
We are off to Six Flags New England Tomorrow... so expect pictures...!!! Hopefully the day will be fun.. and not so tiring...
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
The song is wonderful!! Absolutely wonderful!! It brings to life that even WELL KNOWN people have chosen eternal life over what this world has to offer. I know from a stand still it looks like Celebrity's have it made! No money problems.. They always look great.. they have someone to cook and clean for them and so on.. I know from a "little" person as myself I envy them at times... But in the REAL END... they are just like you or I.. They are a child of Christ.. and in this video it shows FEW of the MANY that have accepted Christ.. although MOST were not a surprise.. there were a few in there shocked me!! I'll admit it.. But then I heard Christ Speak "You know all good and well that because someone professes to KNOW me.. does NOT mean that they don't have faults as you do!!" B-I-N-G-O and Jesus IS his NAME-O!! After everything is said and done in your own life.. Will all that know you.. KNOW that you lived for Jesus?
So.. here are the lyric to this magnificent song!!
The Blessing --John Waller
Let it be said of us while we walked among the living
Let it be said of us by the ones we leave behind
Let it be said of us that we lived to be a blessing for life
And let it be said of us that we gave to reach the dying
Let it be said of us by the fruit we leave behind
Let it be said of us that our legacy is blessing for life
This day, You set life, You set death right before us
This day, every blessing and curse is a choice now
And we will choose to be a blessing for life
Let it be said of us that our hearts belong to Jesus
Let it be said of us that we spoke the words of life
Let is be said of us that our heritage is blessing for life
'Cause blessings and curses are choices
Will we build up, tear down?
The moment of truth is now
For your kingdom, for our children
For the sake of every nation
For your kingdom, for our children
For the sake of every nation
We will choose to be a blessing for life
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
A southpaw, left-handed Lee Richmond of the Worcester (Massachusetts) Ruby Legs, pitched himself to perfection with a 1-0 shutout of the Cleveland Spiders in a National League game. Five days later, on June 17, the second, official perfect game was pitched by John Ward in another National League game between Providence and Buffalo.
It was two and a half decades later before this feat was accomplished again. This time, the now famous Cy Young of the Boston Red Sox, stopped the Philadelphia Athletics in an American League game.
Perfect game days are very rare! So if you get a chance to see one, either in person or on TV, you’ll be watching history in the making.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Friday, June 08, 2007
How to Become Beautiful
2 ounces of patience
4 ounces of good will
1 cup of kindness
1 pinch of hope
1 bunch of faith
To the above ingredients add two handfuls of industry,
One packet of prudence and a little sympathy.
One handful of humility must be added.
Plus a jar brimful of the syrup of good humour.
Season the mixture with good strong common sense.
And simmer down together in the pan of daily content.
Mary Rose's 1001 Country Household Hints
by Mary Rose Quigg
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Monday, June 04, 2007
"The Lord is the one who sustains me" Psalm 54
Curly Girl challenged us to write about some humor in our lives... because it seems that so much happens to her that is funny! Well.. I figured I could tell you the funny that happened between my son, hubby and the school system on Thursday.. I can GUARANTEE you that your child has never done this.. and what POSSESSED my son to do so.. is still beyond me...
Little background.. son has a sunburn on his back... Monday it was terribly itchy. So much so that he had to take Benadryl.. poor kid.. He actually has never had a sunburn before so this was his first... he's my little tanner.. not burner.. hmmmm
Now.. hubby works nights.. so he sleeps during the day.. I drive up to my house around 11am after my trip from Wally World... I STOP.. hmm NOTICE his car is gone.. I jump out.. hit the caller ID and see the school called.. Ok.. which kids is going to come home now... sighhhhhhh....
Hubby drives up... I'm on the phone with a co-worker who just informed that my job for tomorrow is going to be a lot more than I wanted to know.. sighh... so I told him to hold on a sec..
ME-- What school did you have to go to?
Hubby-- The middle School....
Me-- Ok.. why?
Hubby-- Well our son's back was itching.. and the school nurse told him to go down to the locker rooms and shower....
Hubby-- Well he decided when he was going to shower he would shower with ALL his clothes on.. so I had to bring him new clothes...
Me--What? He is so your child.. did he walk all the way to the lockers sopping wet BACK to the nurses office?
Hubby-- No he's not my son and YES he did.. and then the nurse told him to wait for me to bring clothes and sent him back to class.. SOAKING WET.. you could see puddles of water all through the school
Me-- rolling my eyes and asking the Good Lord WHAT piece of cloth was this child cut from and what in the world was he thinking? How embarrassing.. praising God that there is only 2 weeks of school left...
My son when he got home from school said.. "Yeah I did this cause the 8th graders were in there.. I didn't want them to pick on me.. "...
Me-- my thoughts are.. if they were going to pick on you for showering.. now they're really going to pick on you for being a numbskull.. sighhhhhhhhhhhhh....
I won't even go into our conversation about Viagra..................... I'll save that for another time!!!
Sunday, June 03, 2007
BY COLLEEN B. HUBERT
IN THAT LONG AGO TIME WHEN THINGS WERE SAVED,
WHEN ROADS WERE GRAVELED AND BARRELS WERE STAVED,
WHEN WORN-OUT CLOTHING WAS USED AS RAGS,
AND THERE WERE NO PLASTIC WRAP OR BAGS,
AND THE WELL AND THE PUMP WERE WAY OUT BACK,
A VERSITILE ITEM, WAS THE FLOUR SACK.
PILLSBURY'S BEST, MOTHER'S AND GOLD MEDAL, TOO
STAMPED THEIR NAMES PROUDLY IN PURPLE AND BLUE
THE STRING SEWN ON TOP WAS PULLED AND KEPT;
THE FLOUR EMPTIED AND SPILLS WERE SWEPT.
THE BAG WAS FOLDED AND STORED IN A SACK
THAT DURABLE, PRACTICAL FLOUR SACK.
THE SACK COULD BE FILLED WITH FEATHER AND DOWN,
FOR A PILLOW, OR T'WOULD MAKE A SLEEPING GOWN.
IT COULD CARRY A BOOK AND BE A SCHOOL BAG,
OR BECOME A MAIL SACK SLUNG OVER A NAG.
IT MADE A VERY CONVENIENT PACK,
THAT ADAPTABLE, COTTON FLOUR SACK.
BLEACHED AND SEWN, IT WAS DUTIFULLY WORN
AS BIBS, DIAPERS, OR KERCHIEF ADORNED.
IT WAS MADE INTO SKIRTS, BLOUSES AND SLIPS
AND MOM BRAIDED RUGS FROM ONE HUNDRED STRIPS.
SHE MADE RUFFLED CURTAINS FOR THE HOUSE OR SHACK,
FROM THAT HUMBLE BUT TREASURED FLOUR SACK!
AS A STRAINER FOR MILK OR APPLE JUICE,
TO WAVE MEN IN, IT WAS A VERY GOOD USE,
AS A SLING FOR A SPRAINED WRIST OR A BREAK,
TO HELP MOTHER ROLL UP A JELLY CAKE,
AS A WINDOW SHADE OR TO STUFF A CRACK,
WE USED A STURDY, COMMOM FLOUR SACK!
AS DISH TOWELS, EMBROIDERED OR NOT,
THEY COVERED UP DOUGH, AND PASS PANS SO HOT,
TIED UP DISHES FOR NEIGHBORS IN NEED,
AND FOR MEN OUT IN THE FIELD TO SEED.
THEY DRIED DISHES FROM PAN, NOT RACK
THAT ABSORBENT, HANDY FLOUR SACK!
WE POLISHED AND CLEANED STOVE AND TABLE,
SCOURED AND SCRUBBED FROM CELLAR TO GABLE,
WE DUSTED THE BUREAU AND OAK BED POST,
MADE COSTUMES FOR OCTOBER (A SCARY GHOST)
AND A PARACHUTE FOR A CAT NAMED JACK.
FROM THAT LOWLY, USEFUL OLD FLOUR SACK!
SO NOW MY FRIENDS, WHEN THEY ASK YOU
AS CURIOUS YOUNGSTERS OFTEN DO,
"BEFORE PLASTIC WRAP, ELMERS GLUE
AND PAPER TOWELS, WHAT DID YOU DO?"
TELL THEM LOUDLY AND WITH PRIDE DON'T LACK,
"GRANDMOTHER HAD THAT WONDERFUL FLOUR SACK!"
Friday, June 01, 2007
All signs are from the web-site http://www.berrycountrycrafts.com/ they are so cute.. so if your up to buying a sign.. I suggest them.. Ü or if you like me.. you can make your own..
I was challenged by MERE to describe what a HOME is to me.. WOW!! What home for me now was totally different when I was little... When I was little Home was NOT a safe Haven. As I child I use to feel cheated because I had the family I had.. and many nights I would lay awake and ask God "Why did you give me these parents? These parents who truly don't want me"? This day I would totally be heartbroken if my children laid in their beds night after night wanting answers to that same question.
I grew up in a home with an alcoholic father and a manipulating, turn the other way mother. Neither one knew how to hug, listen or even say the words "I Love You".. I am 34 years old and I have NEVER EVER in my life heard my parents tell me that they Love me. Now imagine the thought of you NEVER telling your child those words... I can't.. and never want to imagine that for my own children.
Growing up we were poor.. we had a horrible home... scarce amount of clothes... and our lunches for school on some days consisted of lettuce and mustard sandwiches.. if there was a lunch. When I was younger there were no "FREE" lunches provided... we didn't have hot lunch until we hit highschool but by then I had a job and paid for my own food. Maybe that's one of the reasons I struggle with food?
When I was much younger.. I dreamed of owning a BIG FARM HOUSE.. with a HUGE farm.. I was going got marry a FARMER... LOL LOL You know there had to be a lot of love in such a huge setting... and I was going to have a lot of kids and animals.... Well.. none of that actually happened... well.. I do have lots of kids here.. and I can categorize some of them as animals.. right?? har har!! But it wasn't til I really started my family that I realized it isn't the "things" you have in your house that makes it a home.. it's the comfort level you give to those that enter that make it a home. A home is a place where you can fee SAFE, LOVED and WANTED.. and as a mother NEEDED... It's a place where you can hear "I love you" bounce off the walls when you walk into every room... It doesn't have to be spotless.. in fact it should look lived in... It's a place where you can come to cry and share your sorrows with those that truly know you.. and understand.. It's a place where you can do your happy dances... and sing unto the Lord as if only HE were watching and loving every tune you carried!
I didn't live in a home where Christ was the center.. for me it's a day to day struggle and process to remember it is HE whom has given me this house.. it is HE that has provided for us.. It is a GIFT that will prepare me for the home we will have in heaven....
"As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
Believe it or not.. I do like housework.. I love being in my home and working hard to provide a clean, quiet and comfy atmosphere. I love to decorate country style.. ( I actually bought an old gas Lantern today.. it's so cute).. Quilts, pillows and yummy smells I feel are inviting to those who come to spend time with you. I love to make my home feel inviting.. I love the feeling of providing by canning, preserving, and baking fresh foods...
I feel that I have achieved that... It's heartwarming to know that when a child needs a place to go.. that they KNOW that they can walk through my door.. no questions asked.. This goes to my children especially.. they will ALWAYS hear the words 'I love you' or 'welcome home.. how was your day'.... I want my children and grandchildren to hear the words "I love you" between my husband and I and see the playful kisses we give one another.. no matter where we go when we part we give a kiss... Home is a place where you can call one another by nicknames.. or tell jokes.. and everyone giggles..
My Home has no...
it does not use the words "too busy"
My Home has....
and always COOKIES!! Ü
And my favorite "rule" of all...