Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BITTERSWEET

This past week and a half has been one of those weeks where I have felt just BLAH.. ( why I haven't blogged anything). If anything could go wrong.. it did.. if I could find the negative in anything.. I did... As I read a few blogs I realized that other's were feeling the same way as me.. but other's had more of a "right" to feel like they did.. then I... So I asked God to ship shape me back into reality and stop sulking about things that I couldn't fix...

This happened to be a little devotion I got in my in box this past week.. and it really spoke to me .. because last week.. I really felt like giving up everything.. Was it worth doing what I was doing anymore... I was trying to budget my bills and expenses.. and here I was sitting listening to people brag about how they were getting breast enhancements.. or how someone was getting something new... but yet these are the same people that told me a couple months ago.. they were struggling to pay their mortgage...
God told me.. it was none of my business.. and He's right..
When has he ever let me go hungry? homeless? or Cold? He reminded me that I don't live OF this world.. I live FOR HIM...But I'm human and He knows that .. and I got sucked into the "beauty" of materialism... it's easy to do.. but it's easier to jump back out of it when you know you have a Loving God who takes care of your NEEDS and your WANTS...

1 Corinthians 15:58
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. (NLT)


Meditation
You may feel, "It's not worth it!" today. God knows your efforts and struggles. Don't lose heart! Everything you do for the Lord is worth it. When was the last time you felt like giving up?

My heart has been heavy too.. listening to my daughter speak about college.. I think about the cost.. I think about the traveling.. but most of all I think about the loneliness that will begin in the late summer.. when she starts packing her stuff away and moving on to achieve her dreams and goals.. something that I have always WISHED for BOTH of my children.. but now.. when those moments are staring you in the face.. it's scary... to know when I'm 40 years old.. my kids will be off and doing their own thing.. makes me wonder what am I going to do for the rest of my life...

Yesterday I was faced with a reminder that this school year is already moving along fast...My daughter had her LAST EVER.. Home GAME in field hockey.. All the parents were acknowledge.. and we had our picture taken with our children.. ( don't get excited.. I don't have that picture...tee hee).. but I have a few of my daughter to share... I miss the Barbie Doll Days, The Little Mermaid, The Charlie Brown Specials and the Wizard of Oz Nights... They went by to fast....



Here she is to the right... cheering on the opposite team.. each girl gave the other seniors on the team flowers...


Waiting for the ball..


Defending the net from a corner shot ( I guess these are good for teams if they get the chance to do)So she's standing right in there next to the goalie..
And the team running our way.. They won 4-3.. The game went into overtime.. and they got the next goal with in minutes...
I've watched these girls grow up.. listened to them bicker and fight.. gain friends.. lose friends.. and through it all.. I wouldn't change a thing.. ( well maybe wish for one more year... Ü)

18 comments:

Donna said...

I guess you answered the question I asked my hubby this morning...."Will we really miss these years??" Because I feel like I won't. All the hard times, bickering, fighting, defiance....the list goes on...But this was just an assurance that we WILL miss these times.

Unknown said...

I know how you are feeling. My daughter is now 34, but that summer before she went to college went by waayy to fast. A lot of days we cried and hugged. The week before she left, we were in the cereal aisle of the grocery store, hugging and sobbing. I said "who will go to the grocery store with me?" and she said "who will teach me to buy groceries?" and all the other shoppers where staring at us.

Now she lives in Denver and I live at the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and she calls me about 5 times a week. They may move away, but they still need us in their lives,just in a different way.

Kim said...

I know how you feel. I've been feeling out of sorts for weeks.Don't like it one bit. I guess it will pass sooner or later I just hate waiting around for that sinking feeling to go away.
Sissy is off to college soon too. What a big thing uh?????

Kori said...

I just adore you.

I so needed to read that scripture. Thank you.

karin said...

Thank you for sharing such honesty, i think a lot of us feel this way sometimes.
I love how you find your answers in God's Word!
Hang in there my friend
k
xx

Tam said...

HI my blog buddy.....OOO can you email me your address I found something I want to send to you sometime...lol

Yeah I have been blah but for NO NO NO reason at all....so anyhooo!

Lara Neves said...

I'd never even heard of field hockey before I had a mission companion from New Hampshire who had played. :) We just don't do that out west.

The thoughts on materialism are very similar to mine lately. I'm glad we're making the choices we are, even though it's sometimes hard to see people with the fancy stuff. :)

Unknown said...

I completely understand I look at my children like where did all the time go Brinsley took her psat today and everytime I look at Noah he is getting taller than me. Sometimes I just wish they could have stayed babies.

Wendy said...

Oh Terri!!! I love you and wont be mad for making me get all teary and having my hubby look at me like I am a freak...LOL!!! She is just the sweetest and is so lucky to have a Mom like you. She may head off to college, but you know that she will ALWAYS be back.

Mere said...

This post TOTALLY gave me a push back to where I need to be in my life....HAPPY as A CHILD OF GOD! Flip flop, I have no idea what I'd do without you. You simply amaze me. I am so BLESSED to have you in my life. And yes... "we" grow up quickly...I'll be a senior next year. :) :(

Love ya! Mere

Stacy White said...

Thank you for your honesty.

Stacy
stacywhite.blogs.com

Stacy White said...

Thank you.

Stacy
stacywhite.blogs.com

Dawn said...

Life is way to short, looking back, and recalling the times when we said "when you are older...." I wish they would get younger. The thought of my daughter leaving for school after another year gives me palpatations daily.
As far as you, and what comes next... well god knows what the next chapter will be.

Kerry McKibbins said...

Your daughter is adorable.

Cris said...

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

I finally posted Bob Dutko's speech and in the first half he mentions something that I'd never thought about when continuing to give God praise during hard times. If you have some time it's definitely worth listening to.

I know how you feel about "where has the time gone." Maiya just turned 3-years-old My oldest is becoming boy crazy and she is talking about going to a DANCE at school. Oh I am so not ready for this!!!

I am praying for you. I hope things get better. ((((HUGS))))

Susanne said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs. You KNOW I can relate.

the real ~Roxann~ said...

I'm sorry things have been rough lately. I'll be praying for you. And God will take care of you!
(but you already knew that!)

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is adorable! I don't know what I am doing to do when mine get that grown up!!!

PS. thanks for stopping by! :o)