Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Award.. and a Gruesome Story....

An Award!! By my loving blogging friend MERE!! Thank you MERE!!

Here it is...



To translate the gift from Portuguese to English, it means:"This blog invests and believes, the proximity"[meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proxy] How awesome is that??"They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and to do friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate?" Then let's try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to 8 bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text:

Ok... I'm lazy.. so.. anyone who reads my blog and responds to this post.. gets to snag this AWARD... because if you read and respond.. YOU'RE AWESOME so you deserve it!! ( But try to follow the rules after.. lol lol )

This next feature will not be combined with photos for the following reasons ... it was gross.. and it was actually kind of creepy.. and shocking... as a mom I had to think fast...

Just a back story.. my son came home from his friends house feeling sick.. fortunately he had an appt with an AMAZING chiropractor here in town.. so he went in and got adjusted and missed school on Monday...
Tuesday he goes back to school feeling better... phew..
Wed back to the AMAZING chiropractor.. ( I'm telling you if you've never gone.. run.. I LOVE it)

Wed Night...

Son.. "Mom.. come here I have to show you something"...
Me.."What"?
Son.. "Check this out... Today in school "R" in class looked at my leg and said eww.. what is that?.. I told him I didn't know.. but he wanted me to pop it"... ( told you this would be gross)..
Me.. I look at his leg.. hmmm.. "Um yeah.. that's pretty gross".. but secretly I'm thinking this could be "cool".. Yeah.. I should be a nurse... So I look at it.. and say "Hold on"..
I run upstairs to grab the peroxide, Q-tips and Bactroban ( RX for his molluscum)... I run back downstairs.. wash my hands and go back to the boy...

Son.."Mom.. are you going to squeeze it"?
Me.. "yeah.. a little".. inside I'm thinking "yeah"!!!

So he props his leg up on my leg.. and I look close.. really close with a flashlight...Hmmm... really hmmmm....

Me.. "Um bud.. I don't want to scare you or anything.. but I think this is a spider bite" ( HE HATES SPIDERS!!) He does NOT freak out.. I'm amazed!!!

So I press firmly on this spot.. now.. let me tell you .. the head is BLACK.. with a RED swollen area around it ( no.. not a tick bite at all.. it wasn't a bullseye).. so I continue to clean it.. push on it.. and stuff just oozes out..
It's starting to hurt him.. so I tell him.. "Push it out yourself for your own comfort level".. and he does.. it's gross.. cool gross to me.. so I clean it up really good.. and look even CLOSER.. yeah.. it's GOT to be a bite.. two perfect size holes????

So I got to wipe it some more... then give it one last push.. and the STRANGEST thing happens.. out comes this LONG.. and I mean a good 4 inches of something that looks like a brown pine needle but only flatter and a bit fatter???????? WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT??? Any body have a clue??? Cause I sure don't..

I gave it one last clean up .. put the ointment on it and covered it with a HUGE bandaid.. it's a couple days now and it looks MUCH better.. but now it has this "hole" in it.. the swelling is really down.. and no pain....

My son took it like a champ.. and was excited to head to school the next day to tell "R".. that his mom popped his bump and stuff oozed out.. LOL LOL.. Only Boys...

13 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats on your award.

And eww and cool at the same time. But, did you save the thing that came out. I would call the doctor on that one.

OneHappyfamily said...

Hey been wondering where you were. Hey quick story. My honey has a friend at work that asked him to look at his leg last week. He had been to the dr the day before with a sore on his leg. They made a line around it and said if the redness goes out of the line go to the ER. My honey tells him "dude it is way out of the line!" He goes into the ER and they admit him immediately. He hads been there a week and they still don't know what to do to get rid of it. Each does od this med they give him is $5000. It is a spider bite, but what they don't know. Ummmm.... anyway your story was way gross. I am glad it wasn't too serious. And I hope it was a girl he scored the "extra tough" points with!

Unknown said...

Dang, I would have taken him to a walk in clinic and took that piece of whatever with me. I would want to know if it was a worm or a vein or even if it was a pine needle that somehow worked its way in there. Ick, gross.

Lara Neves said...

Yich. But I would be just like you...fascinated by it all and thinking it's so cool (but groxx).

I really wonder what that was? Very odd.

Wendy said...

EWWW!!! That is soooo nasty:( I'm so glad he is okay though and there was no major infection.

Still need to get back to you about the header thing.

Tanya said...

Oh my...that is absolutely nasty! It almost sounds like one of those discovery channel stories where some type of parasite or bug infested itself!

Aaaah!

Hope he's ok now!

karin said...

Sounds like a worm, here in South Africa we get Mango Worms, sounds like that.
Hope you figure it out
take care
k
xx

Cris said...

Congrats on the award!

And ewwwwww. I would have done the same with the whole mom pop it and clean it thing, but I would NOT have thought it was cool. *blech* LOL LOL. I have to agree that I think you would make an awesome nurse. :P

I'm glad your son is doing a lot better. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! Yuck on the story hope he is feeling better.

Michele said...

Yuck...I would have done the same cleaning, popping thing too. Try going on the internet and searching for like spider bites. Maybe you'll find something!

Congrats on the award~!

Hugz,
Michele

the real ~Roxann~ said...

I have no clue what that could be, but it is gross! I hope he continues to be fine!

RabbleRowser said...

Probably was a pine needle that got lodged in his leg and worked itself in. Good thing for him you yanked it out . . . God Bless you both!

Miss Slick One said...

The 'four inch long' thing sounds like it may have been a form of a larvae. EEWWW. I certainly hope he went to the doctor later! LOL Cool though, I agree, a little LOL