Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I was ALMOST in a panic... I didn't think I would be able to post pictures today with Blogger... in fact using my Mozilla Firefox.. I can't.. so I had to log on IE.. So I'm going to have to play with Mozilla and try to figure out if someone downloaded something they weren't suppose to... Any ideas what it could be?

Meanwhile... I was looking at bloggers home page and realized my Florida pictures are still there... I said to myself... that's BAD! My trip was two months ago.. and I've seriously have neglected my blog...

Last Monday.. looking out my window... this is what you could see...

Do you see those Azaleas SCREAMING to come out...???

And this is my poor poor Nellie girl.. waiting for the snow to melt so she can go outside and chase her ball around.. and eat her sticks... right now.. bouncing the tennis ball off our dinning room wall isn't cutting it for her!! So Mr. Sun.. can you just shine down a bit more on us... It's been a long winter.. and I'd love to see the crocuses pop up this year!!
Ever get a strange craving?? Well I did.. I know this is NOT new.. or inventive.. but I'm sure it's something that not everyone makes on a daily basis... Ü
I was craving grilled chicken, cheddar cheese and apples all on a toasted sandwich.. so that's what I made.....I wish I had caramelized onions to throw in there as well...
Here's what I did...
I grilled my chicken.. and then placed it on the sandwich.. I already cut my chicken breast in half to double the breast amount for meals... but if you don't.. you could cut it in half length wise and make it fit the entire piece of bread...
Then I layered it with a cored apple.. see where I went off to the side with the corer.. oopsss.. still tasted fine to me...
then I topped it with a few pieces of cheddar cheese.. hey.. I figure if I'm going to "fry" this up in the pan.. what will the extra cheese hurt??? Then I grilled it like a "grilled cheese"..


And Voila... here is my final sandwich...I think it tasted pretty good.. and gave a hint of summer flavor.. nice and light and easy on those hot lazy days...

10 comments:

cajunquilter said...

that sandwich looks incredible! now i may just have to do that this week lol.

Unknown said...

Sounds good too me!

Tam said...

That sandwich reminds me of one at Houlians...YUM!!!! You are so creative!!!

Tanya said...

That sandwich does look really good! Glad you're back :)

Mere said...

Poor Nellie! Soon enough...and that sandwich looks so good!! You've been missed!!

Love, Mere

Shana said...

I know, I'm so ready for spring and nice weather. It's supposed to hit 70 by tomorrow - although that kind of weather won't last long Indiana.

And that grilled sandwich looks so tasty. Now I'm starving. :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Looks like a yummy sandwich! If I were eating cheese right now, I would soo take a bite.

savvycityfarmer said...

I'm reading this at midnight and you're makin me hungry.


missn ya
hugs dear

glitzen said...

That sandwich sounds so yummy! I am going to try it.
I had apricot chicken for dinner, so guess I was craving fruit and chicken too!
I love anything with apples..seriously.

Cris said...

I feel ya on the whole LOOOONNGG winter thing. The weather has finally begun getting warmer here. Just in time for Jord's birthday. Good thing too. Our cat has been having withdrawals of going outside. He had already shredded all of the plastic that we had covering the windows.

I LOVE the pictures! The sandwich looks good too (I just don't really care for cooked apples, so that part would have to be optional for me. LOL)