Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Saturday, April 04, 2009


I again have been slacking in the Blog Life... and I'm sorry...

I've had a few things on my mind lately.. and bottom line is.. I've been pouting about a few things.
For the past six months I've been excited about a Journey I BELIEVED I would go on.. and take... I've been planning life around what I thought would be the perfect plan.. MY plan... always thinking that it was HIS plan as well.. I mean I planned the last six months on an 18 year wait.
This week I've come to face the fact that the past six months of planning has become useless.
I feel defeated
I feel embarrassed
I feel hopeless at some points
I know that MY God has NOT forsaken me... but.... I still wonder what HE has planned for me.
I don't know which direction to even go
I don't like having control of things..
It makes me MAD...

This is the human side of me coming out... I hate failure.. HATE IT! Even though some would say it's not failure.. it's just another turn in my "journey"... I have to wait to recognize this.

So there's my babble for the day..
What can I bring to this blog that is joyous?? Let me dig through my pictures to find something!

I took photos of the insert of what I believe were BHG magazine. I "won" a wicker set from freecycle last summer.. but towards the end of summer .. so I didn't do anything with them.. now that summer is approaching I can take them out of storage.. scrub them up and paint them.. and I found a couple pictures to "copy" and give me ideas...


I'm NOT an orange fan.. but I like the idea of the room and I do like the style of the cushions.. My MIL doesn't know it yet.. but she's going to be sewing with me for cushions for the wicker set!

I have an enclosed porch.. sometimes I like that.. and other times I like pictures like these..I wish the sun was out all the time.. and we could just sit out here drinking lemonade and reading books...

And here's another picture that I love.. my kids when they were around 6 and 1... They are still this close and this happy even though they are 18 and 13... I hope it continues on... for the rest of their lives!!
So what are some things that are making you happy lately?

14 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm sorry you are feeling down. It is so hard when you can't see the big picture.

Have fun with the cushions and don't forget to show us the final product.

Mere said...

Things will get better! I have had those sort of days lately. It stinks. I'm praying for you, girl! Can't wait to see the product of your newest venture! Cute pic of your kids, too!

Love you! ~Mere

Hope said...

Praying for you....

Hope

cajunquilter said...

oh sweet terri, alot of us are dealing with those sorts of feelings lately. you know i am praying for you! hang in there, i know God has something amazing for you right around the corner.

Susanne said...

So sorry for the disappointment you are going through right now. Sometimes life really is confusing. Praying it all sorts out for you!

I love wicker furniture! Have fun revamping yours!

Kerry McKibbins said...

I'm sorry.
Have faith.
I'm sending you good thoughts!

Tanja said...

I love how you went from a vent to something happy! Sorry for the disappointment though. I'm happy about our choir's Easter cantata that they did last night. I blogged about it on my new blog: http://tanjalasagna.blogspot.com/ I made the previous one, Three Moody Cuties, private, for our family only. So come visit me at the new one. :-) Love the pictures of your wicker furniture.

Ivana Clay said...

Sorry for the adjustment to your journey! Keep the faith though! :)

On another note, I love love love that set with the red gingham and white wicker!! It really makes me happy! Hope you show us what you end up deciding on. Have a good rest of the week!

glitzen said...

Oh it sounds like me. I'm SO stubborn when my plans don't work out, and I can't handle disappointment AT ALL. Its awful, I'm like a little kid when you take away my toys. I feel for ya! Find new ways to be happy, and be glad that at least spring is here..finally!
((((((hugs!))))))

Tortilla Depot said...

My prayers are with you! I think we all go threw a time when we find out that God has another plan than the one we wanted. HUG

I like your wicker furniture ideas! Have fun!

one of nettie's girls said...

I love the red and white porch and the picture of your kids! I hope that whatever journey He takes you on brings you joy.

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Sorry to hear your frustrated. It really stinks to feel that way. Hope things look up for you real soon!

Unknown said...

Haven't heard from you in awhile.....just checking in. :) Will have to check in on you on facebook. :)
Praying for you.
I was just talking about our fresh air boy today and thought of you. We are already looking forward to his visit this summer.

Anonymous said...

Sending you happy thoughts!