Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

My 4th of July was a lazy one... one I actually planned on... Since working in October I haven't had a long weekend.. or extra days to do what I've really wanted... I'm not complaining at all because I know there are many out there who would jump at taking my job....so I've been working really hard to have perfect attendance and to work hard and especially keep my mouth closed (so many moments of late that I haven't wanted to though... Ü) So hubby and I bummed around and I did some things around the house that needed to be done!! I gave an old swing a new makeover with a bit of spray paint and a little bit of Rit Dye!! (oh.. that's still soaking... oopss)Here's a crazy picture of hubby... UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU...I don't know about you... but I've always wanted to try a "Drunken Chicken"... however I dislike the taste of beer VERY MUCH.. so I decided to use a diet coke instead... if I do it again.. I think I'll try SPRITE... This above picture is the before picture....This is the after picture... the last hour I added up some left over chopped up baked potatoes..In truth.. the chicken was good.. and it was very moist... but I wasn't "gaga gaga" for it... Next time I might try different seasonings for the skin... to be fair there was nothing left of this meal except a few potatoes.... so .. I really shouldn't complain...

This is what I did..
I turned the grill on... the two side that I wasn't going to use ( I have a 4 burner grill) I turned off and put the the chicken right on that heat..don't put it directly on the flamed side. I then washed and rubbed the chicken up and mixed these spices together
1 TBSP Paprika
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Oregano
1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper

Rubbed it all over the chicken and then took out half of the coke from the can and set it in it's holder and plopped the chicken over it.. and then... cooked the chicken for an hour and a half... I know you're suppose to use a meat thermometer and check for doneness at 180 degrees... but I really don't have one.... YIKES!! But I can attest that the chicken was completely cooked and not a pink area in site!!
If you've tried one of these.. with a different recipe.. would you share it ?? or if you do try this.. let me know what you think....

26 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Oh Terri that look delicious. I have friends that do it with the beer can. They die over it. I have never tried it. Our 4th was about like your, quiet. Which was nice.
We went to the stadium here in town and watched fireworks. It was nice and cool out. I think it was 97 degrees... ;)

Tam said...

delish...YUMMY! Looks like a good meal! glad you had a long weekend!

Sandy@JesusandDark Choc said...

Well that looks good, I saw you wrote on FB about trying a drunken chicken. Now I get what you mean.....I may have to try it...seems so easy!
Fresh Air kiddo comes in one week! :)

佩怡佩怡佩怡 said...

君子立恆志,小人恆立志。.................................................................

Mere said...

Omg that looks phenomonal. I love drunk chicken, but have never made it myself. I'll be passing along your recipe for her to try. I've missed you. Hope all is well.

Love, Mere

Krystyn said...

Glad you were able to relax.

And, I've never had the chicken, but I hear that you can't taste the beer at all:)

溫緯李娟王季 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

偉軍 said...

心平氣和~祝你也快樂~~..................................................................

吳婷婷 said...

什麼樣的學習計畫並不重要,重要的是你是什麼樣的人。............................................................

趙坤然趙坤然 said...

your artical is so funny!! it make me so happy!!............................................................

江淑如 said...

廢話不多,祝你順心~^^............................................................

karin said...

now that looks really yummy!!

陳佑發 said...

什麼樣的學習計畫並不重要,重要的是你是什麼樣的人。............................................................

玉苓玉苓 said...

來打聲招呼-大家好!!!...........................................................

glitzen said...

I have never tried this, but it sure looks tasty. Thanks for reminding me of this way to cook chicken. :)

陳晏李秀樺雄 said...

閱讀您的BLOG文章,真是件快樂的事!!.................................................................

潘兆以潘兆以 said...

聰明人之所以不會成功,是因為他們缺乏了堅忍的毅力。..................................................

凱v胡倫 said...

人應該做自己認為對的事,而不是一味跟著群眾的建議走。..................................................

孟湖聿軒 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough. ............................................................

王辛江淑萍康 said...

Make hay while the sun shines...................................................

灏群 said...

每次看完你的文章,總是回味許久,要經常發表喔。..................................................

黃智樺黃智樺 said...

期待你每一篇文章............................................................

孫邦柔 said...

如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。............................. ...................................

秋協盛協盛昀 said...

「仁慈」二個字,就能讓冬天三個月都溫暖。..................................................

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

生命如夏花洵爛;死如秋葉之靜美。........................................ ........................

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html

I hope you can make it!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick