Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I have been a bad.. bad.. blogger lately... and for that I'm truly sorry... It seems like I'm on the go.. lately with no time to spare. However, tonight I have kicked my kids of the computer so I can sit here and blog!!

I don't know about you all.. but here in New England our weather changes day by day. Yesterday while out doing some property inspections for a half an hour.. I got SUN, RAIN, DRIZZLES, FOG and more SUN. It was the strangest thing. As soon as I got home I took a few pictures. This one is to show you how "steamy" everything was around my home.


As I went to the back of my house.. on my left I saw this...


To my right.. I saw this...


That's a pretty big difference in the sky. Within two minutes of going inside the heaven's gates opened and it started pouring.. yet again! I tell you.. we have the strangest weather.. I'm not complaining for the warmth we've had though. It's helped out with the heating bills a bit!!

Well... right after Christmas I didn't hit those "BIG" clearance items. I just stood back and decided I didn't need anything else. I had pretty much cleaned out YEARS worth of Clearance Items this year.. and I didn't want to stock pile again.... HOWEVER.. I was cruising down the isle of Wal*Mart when my eye spotted and sign that said.. .40 cents... hmmm what in the world is .40cents in the food isle.. I looked down and I found THESE!!!....

I checked the expiration date.. and the shelf life is til 2009!! I snagged 12 bags and have put them away to save for Valentines day, St. Patty's day.. and who knows.. maybe even Christmas next year if they last that long... but I couldn't help buying these for that price... I love to bake.. so why not???

As a side note.. just wanted to give you a quick update.. my son got a 95% on his project we so frustratingly worked on at our local library!!! God is good I tell you.. LOL LOL.. and I found out that our library has this groovy feature.. From my computer at home.. I can log into their site.. look up a book and if I want to reserve it .. I can! From my own chair.. I ask myself.. WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FIGURE THAT OUT??? I'm sure it's not new!! LOL LOL...
Here is the book I'm reading now!!!

11 comments:

Donna said...

I would love to visit NH, before I move there=)

I almost forgot about you (JK).

Oh My I want 40 cent chocolate chips.
You know I am running to Walmart tomorrow! (gotta go anyway)

Nice hearing from you, ya better keep up=)

OneHappyfamily said...

Too funny you touched Pug's cabinets. Our heating bills here in Az run $30 or so a month in the winter. I think the heater has kicked on 3 times this year. Seriously. My electric bills for the summer months... oh say $250+. Don't you love reserving library stuff from home? I have 6-7 things on hold at any given time. Glad your back, we missed ya!

Have a great weekend

Erin Ward said...

i LOVE that feature of the library! In fact, I never actually go into the library. I reserve it from home and pick it up through the library drive thru. Yes, that's right. the library drive thru! haha. Here's another library tip. If you ever want to rent a movie that's not brand-spankin new, rent it from the library. because it's FREE. I love old movies and I get all of them for free from the library. What a great place. :)

and by the way, I do not consider you a "crappy blogger friend." hehe. I'm just thrilled you're sending anything at all. you didn't need to!

Wendy said...

Yummy! I made soooo many cookies with those chips this Christmas:) Great find!! You are so lucky to have that at your library. Ours is way too small for something that advanced.

Jennifer said...

That's great that your son received a 95 on his project. Now look...from your frustration you have gotten wiser with the knowledge of the online library system. ha..ha..ha..
Thanks for the comment on my site!
I will be checking yours often.

Jennifer

Tam said...

congrats on the 95 on the project for you child...eventhough you had those annoying teenagers there! Thanks for comment on my reading blog!

Mere said...

Hey dear,
you are forgiven!....even though I've missed you! Backstage work is fun, but I would always prefer to be onstage. I am definatly very busy with crew work! I've been a bad blogger too...I will update it later!!
Love and miss you, Mere

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

again? we missed each other at Wal*Mart? how is that possible. each time i go I always bump into the same people...strange? I bought the swirls too!

Melissa said...

I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog, you can answer or not, it's no biggie!

Kerry McKibbins said...

congrats to your son, lol.
I love that library feature. Wish we had that. We probably do, but think I can figure it out? NO.

Cris said...

Don't worry, you aren't the only bad blogger. I can't seem to find the time or the energy lately to blog.

But, how awesome! Congratulations on the 95%! And how cool that you can now reserve a book you want right from your own home! And talk about an awesome deal on the candy!!! :D