Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

*** Before I start.. what is wrong with spell CHECK??? I LOVE that feature and it hasn't worked for awhile... boo hoo!!


I baked today!! Where I work there is a sandwich bar and you can pick and chose the bread you want, your meats, and veggies and the lovely people behind the counter make up the sandwiches for you! To me.. there is just something spectacular tasting when someone else makes your sandwiches. Your plain ole bologna can taste, just that.. Plain.. But go to your girlfriends house and her bologna taste like PRIME RIB!!

So.. one day the only bread they had left at this counter was Sunflower Bread... HUH?? What?? ummm.. ewwww.. I HATE nuts.. nuts in anything.. just YUCK!.. But I was hungry and said.. "ok.. give me that.. " That BREAD WAS THE BEST! Now anytime I get a sandwich and they don't HAVE the bread I'm bummed...

However.. through an e-mail group someone e-mailed this recipe for Sunflower Bread... So I HAD to try it to see if it stood up to the ole work bread. This bread EVEN WENT FARTHER than works bread!! this bread was OUTSTANDING!!

So here it is!! This is on it's side!!
See the shadow in this picture?? It was my daughter hovering over me WAITING to grab the first piece!!


So.. I think I should share the recipe with you!! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!! TRY IT!!

Sunflower Bread ( The real name is Sun nut but it's sunflower to me!)
I am giving you the "bigger" of the two recipes!

1 Cup Warm Water
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP butter, softened
3 TBSP honey
2 TBSP dry milk
2 1/2 cups bread flour
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3 tsp active dry yeast

Place all ingredients in bread pan according to manufacturer's suggestion.
I set it on the dough cycle ( takes about 1 hour 40 minutes)
When that's done I take it out of the machine and place in a sprayed bread loaf pan and cover and let rise again ( about 40 minutes) in a dry warm area. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting! Slather with butter and enjoy.. or use for sandwiches. I think it tastes BEST with a chicken salad or Roast beef....!!

9 comments:

Little Wing said...

Oh that bread looks SO good!
I want chicken salad on mine!!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

I can smell it just looking at it! Keep it warm...I am on my way over right now! see you in 5 minutes!!!!

the real ~Roxann~ said...

You and your baking...wow! I really suck at homemaking!

Wendy said...

Sounds yummy but probably like 500 points:) LOL!!!

Jennifer said...

I mis speall cheak too! LOL!!
I don't know what's wrong with it. I'm glad it's not just my blog.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon!
That bread looks YUMMY! I LOVE bread!!!! Bread with honey or cinnamon butter.

Jennifer

Tam said...

I miss spell check too and have searched blogspot for answers on the help section...nothing have I found out. My blog got all messed up the same day I lost spell check.

I baked bread yesterday! I let it rise right out of the frozen pack I bought it from...and I baked an Apple pie (from the Schwann Truck delivery! lol)

I need to try real cooking and baking! lol

Cris said...

WHAT?! No nuts?! I absolutely ADORE banana nut bread. That is absolutely my favorite bread. MMmmmm.

I think I will go ahead and give the sunflower bread a try. It certainly looks delicious. :)

i_am_4given said...

That bread looks so good!!! I wonder if I can change the sunflower seeds (which I don't have) with pumpkin seeds (which I do have)??

OH, about the spell check, I have no idea what is wrong with it...but I don't know that I miss it..LOL

Blessings,
Ronnie!!

bearhugs62 said...

Looks Great, I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes you post.