Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Dear Fellow Patrons of my Local Library~


This is an open letter to all of you who love to read. Please keep in mind there are many other people who love to read as much as you if not more. However, when I go and grab the book I've been looking for and open it to have food fall out, that really does not appeal to me. These books are not solely yours. I do NOT enjoy cake crumbs, pretzel pieces, and sometimes unfortunately, what seems to be crusty boogers smooshed in between pages. If you have the need to pick your nose.. feel free.. but DO NOT WIPE it in the books! That's just RUDE and GROSS. I am a tax payer just like you and I would appreciate it if you could return the book in the same shape you got it.
Thank You for your understanding...
Your Friendly Fellow Patron.

This is the second book in the "Annie's People Series"... The first book.. well.. it was ok.. It's about an Amish girl who loves ART and she has to hide the fact that she is talented and can paint because such art is considered Prideful. Something the Amish try to achieve in their lives. Annie however has an English friend who she has penpaled with all her life that comes to visit. She herself is an Art Major in the "English" world. Late on in the book.. Annie's secret comes out and she has to make choices in her life. You will be surprised the choice she chooses. Annie and a few other group of the Amish are haunted by a mysterious kidnapping that took place several years before and Annie's poor friend Essie is in the middle of her husband's abusive wrath. Zeke, Essie's husband was there the day his little "brudder" was kidnapped and he has been troubled since. Annie can't understand why Essie just doesn't obey her husband because that's what Amish Women are called to do. Essie takes refuge in a Mennonite home where she has learned about Jesus and being "saved". Another Prideful act according to the Bishop. The end of the book picks up immediately in "The Englisher".. I'll give more details on that after I'm finished!


It's taking me so long to read though. We are almost done with my hallway/ and linen closet.. YAY!!! Sunday I stayed most of the time in the kitchen cooking dinner.. baking breads.. and making cupcakes!
As you can see.. there was BARELY any room up there for me... It's nice to have friends who know what they're doing and willing to work for food.. LOL LOL!! You can get a glimpse of the color I picked out... it's much darker in the picture.. but a final picture will come soon..!! OH MY.. the wood work is a MESS and their is dust everywhere in my home... but I can't complain.. it already looks 100% better... NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW to do my kitchen next.. LOL LOL!!

These are the cute little cupcakes that my daughters friend and I made... They were so good! I made homemade buttercream frosting and we tinted it green.. and I had these froggies from store bought Wal*Mart cupcakes... anywhere we go.. if someone is going to toss these.. I grab them... I love to decorate.. even cupcakes..

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That is a lot of people in that hallway! It's lookin' good though! Cute cupcakes and I totally feel the same way about the library patrons.

Donna said...

Yep, I do understand the library book thing. especially kids books, but that is really bad in an adult book.

Yeah for an almost done hallway!!

And the cupcakes are ADORABLE...I LOVE froggies.

Lara Neves said...

I have had the booger experience in a library book...blood, too, but I do understand that papercuts happen. :) Boogers are just nasty.

Wendy said...

Man...the people at my library do the same dang thing:( SOOO NASTY!! I also hate when I take out a book and it smells like cigarette smoke. BLAH!!!

jayedee said...

boogers between the pages are the absoslutel worst! *eye roll* some peoples children! hmphf!

Mere said...

That is gross. Loving all the house renovations and the cupcakes are ADORABLE!! Love ya!

Cris said...

sorry I haven't been on in awhile. The hallway is lookin' awesome! And those cupcakes look yummy too. :)

Tam said...

I don't have a library card. I am lucky that my sister in Law loves me so much that she often sends me new books to read! She also sends my kids tons of books. I have not been inside a library for over 20 years...Ok they did not have computers in them the last time I owned a card.