Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Friday, November 30, 2007

Tomorrow is December 1st.. I can't believe it... It has to be one of the most exciting days of the year. For me it's my nieces birthday.... Happy Birthday!!! And it also starts the Christmas Season off with Advent! Several years ago I made my kiddos an advent Calendar and each year, except last year, I have filled them with candies and goodies... It amazes me how for 25 days 2 kids can wake up and the first thing in the morning they think about is the advent!

I also enjoy the 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS channel....

Monday.. the Year without a Santa Clause will be on.. you know the one I'm talking about.. I'm Mr. Heat Miser.. I'm Mr. Snow...... Gosh... I remember when I was little .. the anticipation of these shows use to make my stomach all giddy.. and we use to get extremely excited....!!! I remember FREEZING in the tiny house we lived in.. we would huddle by the woodstove that just never seemed to roar... wrapped in blankets, watching intently. Commercials stunk back then too... I think even worse when we were children. I just love the classics. Some of the newer movies are cute... but hold no grounds to the Rudolph or Jack Frost....

Tomorrow we are having some friends over.. and guess what.. the house is tidy... it's decorated some and it's going to be BITTER and I mean BITTER cold tomorrow... ( maybe I should call them and remind them to bring slippers.....!!!! and possibly warm jammies to lounge in!!) We are suppose to get and EXTREME snow storm Sunday night into Monday... Can we say NO School Monday!!! I really love those days...!!! Hubby won't have to work.. I won't have to work.. and the kids don't have to be anywhere!!! Tomorrow I'm hoping to make some ornaments and bake some cookies... I got the new reynolds food saver.... I'll have to let you know how it works.. or if YOU have it.. let me know.. I send goodies down to friends in FL... and other areas....


Here are my Santa's.. ( I forgot to plug in the tree)... I got all these wooden Santa's that were made in VT at a yardsale two or three years ago.. for $2.00 for the LOT!!! and the big Santa I got from a Dear Friend for being a "great" girl scout leader.. LOL LOL LOL If you look close YES that is a TIN CEILING!! The original to the house.. It had some damage to it a few years ago due to a bathroom leak... we had the bathroom fixed ( sort of.. long story).. and the same guy that wanted to fix my bathroom wanted to give me a SUPER deal on fixing my ceiling.. he wanted to rip the ceiling out.. and CHARGE me to remove it... I busted a gut on this one... because I love old things.. I KNEW immediately that he wanted to tear it out and sell it.. real tin goes for quite a bit of MONEY!! I was no fool...
Here's my little cupie santa again.. love him.. with this little vintage leather???? ha ha ha reindeer.. trust me.. he's really cute.. got him from a second hand shop from my MIL.. at first I was like.. hmmm but he grew on me!!
Here are my Carolers.. my husband thinks they are hideous.. I LOVE them... any New Englander will know that I got these at the Christmas Tree Shop!! Cheap.. But I thought they were adorable.. They are sitting on an antique cabinet that came out of one of the church's here in town that was built in the 1770's. I'm not so sure if the cabinet was built then... but it definitely wasn't long after that...!! and check out the wallpaper in the back... That's original to my house.. it's old and desperately NEEDS to be removed... but I'm scared!!! sighhhhh Along with the cabinet here the church was going to throw away another cabinet.. and I grabbed it...I didn't know what it was until I got it home.......... I scrubbed it up.. and then paid attention to the writing inside..It's the ORIGINAL LOCKERS to our highschool here in town...

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Michael gets to stay home on Monday also:) I hope school is canceled! But just because I can sleep in! LOL! I wont have any kiddos that day.

I love all your decorations. I am going to the Christmas Tree Shops tomorrow with a friend...a late bday get together. I really need to update my Christmas decorations. Wesley says we are lame because we don't hang lights up! Can you believe my 7 year old called us lame?!? Geesh, we live on a dead end dirt road...lights are a waste of time.

oops! This comment is long! Off to do some online searching for boots. I can not find boots for Lani anywhere! GRRR!!!

OneHappyfamily said...

Everything looks beautiful. Enjoy your company and a day with some baking.

Mason and Terri's Mom said...

Hey T. I love the Christmas decorations and I can FEEL your excitement!! BESIDES the cold weather!~

:-)

cajunquilter said...

Love your decorations!
What great finds you made! but you always do.

love ya,

Mere said...

Your decor is AMAZING!! I LOVE antique/vintage stuff! You would REALLY love my Aunt Merrilee....she remind me a lot of you! I'm totally excited that today is Dec. 1 too!! 24 days till Christmas :) Our church used to give out advent calanders we could open each day with chocolates in them....I LOVED them and looked foward to them every year! I want to find them online....Thanks for all the prayers.....I will let you know when I hear something! You are such a BLESSING and an AMAZING person my dear!! Love ya, Mere

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

You home looks so cozy! Love your Decorations! We too are hoping for a Snow day...aren't those the best! nice day to hang home in your Pj's and sip on Tea... And I love the smell of the cold fresh air on my children after they come in from playing in the snow...ahhh Love that smell.enjoy your company! and HaPpY birthday to your niece!

Happywife84 said...

Love, Love, LOVE your decorations!!!

How was your company?

Did you get your snowstorm?

Kerry McKibbins said...

the decorations look great!

Cris said...

I love the decorations! We just started decorating ourselves yesterday. Better late than never right? LOL