Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Thursday, April 10, 2008

All is quiet in my house.. the only thing I'm listening to is the hum of my VERY QUIET Washing Machine.... So I'm taking a moment to BLOG without any interruptions.. that is unless the neighbor boys come a knocking on the door.. for the 15th time today!!! Where are my boys you ask ( come on.. I know you're wondering)... Well.... for the next 30 plus days.. this is where my life will be staked out!!
See that little WHITE spot.. that's the batter's mound... the fields really are taken care of quite nicely.. but it's still very DAMP and WET down at our park!! I know this because I found out yesterday.. MAN OH MAN it was sooo nice out and still is today.. ( I'm hanging laundry!! perfect weather)...
My doggie and I have a very vigilant routine when it comes to walking.. it's almost DAILY when the spring air hits.. til the first few snowflakes fall...

My baby girls first sniff in the beginning of a great walking crusade of 2008... NOTICE the NASTY DIRTY FILTHY STINKY WATER that is to the left of the picture...( this info will come in handy later in this post)... and YES.. my dog is NOT on a leash... there were NO other dogs down at the park.. but we are VERY faithful on putting it on while others are around.. for the most part.. she is truly VERY obedient and does NOT like to stray to far away from me.. not to protect.. but to be protected.. LOL LOL and I always have my poopy bags... ( and for all you dog walkers.. YOU BEST HAVE ONE TOO!!!! RUDE RUDE RUDE... if you leave your dogs mess behind)...
The walk continues...
This is our little mountain, ski, snowboard,tubing retreat.. it's NOT fancy.. but the kids LOVE IT!! Well.. most kids.. my son feels out of place because he doesn't ski. or snowboard... but I think he'll grow into that.. But as you can see we STILL have some snow!! In the middle of this picture is our TRACK!! I LOVE IT!! I even scrapbooked about our track.. silly I know.. but it's a "retreat" for me.. it helped me two summers ago shed 30lbs... sadly............ it came back... sighhhh... but who knows????
The walk continues...

Well... ummm.. we have tennis courts here.. and there were matches yesterday... and well.. Nellie girl LOVES tennis balls.. she collected 3 of them.. ( her allotted amount by me).. they MUST have a distinct smell because she can pull one out EVERY SINGLE WALK!! I kid you not.. ( Maybe I should add a ticker for tennis balls... hmmmmm!!)... Well.. I'm going to let you in on a little secret.. I can't throw a ball.. NOPE.. and well.. this pooches mama.. threw the ball for her.. but it fell into the DRINK!! ( Remember the nasty water I mentioned).. WELL... she went after it.. never would her paw TOUCH that water last year.. N-E-V-E-R!!! I guess she isn't shy about it anymore... and here she is FILTHY!!! ( last spring I found a complete backpack in that water!!! Poor little freshman.. I'm sure it was a "joke" played on him)...
So in order to help her get that FILTH off.. cause never in my wildest dreams did I think she would go in there... I let her...Play in the SNOW WE STILL HAVE!!! go figure.. she still SMELLED in my car.. but she wasn't as dirty... BLUCK!!

Well.. I wanted to post more.. but I think I might come back tonight.. or blog tomorrow.. I'm going to take the quiet time.. and chill.. maybe catch up on a show that I DVR'd about two weeks ago.. who knows!!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Your puppy is sooo pretty:) Glad you have such a nice walking partner.

Donna said...

I was gonna say the same Wendy...Cute Pup!

Tam said...

O what a great Walk...It is not so quiet as the Hubs is packing and shaking his booty to FLo Rida's Song LOW LOW...wish I could record it for everybody but that would be breaking the hubs rules..lol OK well have nice quite time as we boogie here....peace out ...hehhe I had to say that as I feel it sort of goes with this wild music my hubs is daning too....so peace OUT..lol

jayedee said...

thanks for another glimpse of "a day in the life of" lol
i wanna come live with youuuuuuuuu!

Susanne said...

If I didn't know better I'd swear you guys live in the Crow's Nest Pass.

I need to get out walking! I'm sure my pup would appreciate it too!

Happywife84 said...

WOO HOO!! I loved your blog! And I love your tickers!!!