Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Friday, April 11, 2008

My next post here might tick some people off... BUT.. I'm not going to apologize for it. You see.. it's about Oprah... you can give me all the song and dance that she provides so much for so many people... and it's true... but here on EARTH we have ONE SHOT to live.... and what we have here we can't take with us when we go. There is only ONE way into heaven.. and My FELLOW Friends it's NOT through OPRAH!! I'm really truly tired of hearing about her.. and the bubble she lives in.

You see.. there is only ONE way to get to heaven... YUP.. one way... it's not through works, deeds, being a "good" person.. because there is no such thing as a "good" person.. and that goes with the saying.. but so and so is a "good" Christian... NOPE.. doesn't fly.. we ALL sin.. We don't DESERVE to go to Heaven... but by God's Grace and the Death of his Son... if we believe and accept that he died on that cross for ALL OF US!! then we're going!! And I have to tell you.. it's pretty EXCITING to know that!



Exodus 20:5 "You shall not bow down to them or worship them;for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God"

This is NOT a jealousy as you or I would have... In this scripture.. Jealousy is ACTUALLY of the vocabulary of Love. The "jealousy" of God is a commandment to follow ONLY HIM and not other "gods"... God will NOT put up with unfaithfulness.. So when He is saying He's "Jealous".. He's saying you need to stop following false teachings and remain by HIS side.. not anyone elses...

I'm sorry lady and gents.. but Oprah is really leading MILLIONS astray to the real truth of the Gospel... I ask you.. Christian or NOT... please do not fall prey to her mouth of spew... and venom.. there are many more people in this world to follow and admire that know the gospel and the truth...

Listen to what she has to say.. and what she is teaching!!


One of my most favorite lines to any Christian song is sung by Casting Crowns.. and the lines says...

"What if families turned to Jesus and stopped asking Oprah what to do"... "What if His people prayed"....

Think about it..

2 Peter 2
But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

I'm not asking you to slam the door in Oprah's face... but think about her ways and pray that she will see and FIND the truth instead of leading non Christians astray.. in thinking that they are OK.. with SELF SALVATION... because it's NOT ok... I may never meet any of those of you that read my blog... But it would be wonderful to see you all in Heaven.. that's for sure!!

16 comments:

Donna said...

Not ticking me off!

I have never watched her! nor do I plan on it after hearing so much yucky about her.

Susanne said...

You didn't offend me at all. The power Oprah has over influencing people really is scary. That "jealous" point really stuck out to me too. She missed the whole point and meaning of God being jealous, not OF her, as she stated, but jealous for her love. He doesn't want her giving her devotion to other things. Anyway. You've stated it well, I'll get off my soap box now.

Debbie From Illinois said...

AMEN. I agree with you. I had started to watch her again occasionaly and when she introduced her latest book to read the red flags went up. Good bye Oprah. I will be praying for her.

Debbie from Illinois

Lara Neves said...

I haven't watched Oprah in years, but I've heard a little bit about this New Earth thing she's doing lately. I know one person who is really into it, but sadly, this person has been off the path for a while really...going off on all kinds of weird stuff like this.

INtersting video you posted. I was most upset by the conversation earlier on about there being more than one way. Sorry, Oprah. Christ says HE is the way, the truth and the light. There aren't any others.

OneHappyfamily said...

Yup, I quit watching her in the late 90's she started getting "weird" back then too. I think she means good, but unfortunately many believe and are misinformed. Great post girly! Take care.

Becca said...

Our pastor recently posted this video on his blog. As several other people have stated, I haven't watched Oprah in years but she looks and sounds like a completely different person. I only watched part of the video before I couldn't stomach any more of it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Erin Ward said...

wow. that video just makes me sick.

Thanks for sharing. Way to go!

Tam said...

I can't get the video because I don't have speakers...ugg. I guess I have been in the dark because with two little boys I only see Wiggles, Wiggles and more wiggles. I have not even paid any attention to any talk shows lately. I could not even tell you what is happening in the news right now. I only have time to raise my boys..lol I will have to check all of that out. My husband and I went with out TV for 2 whole years...we were to cheap to buy a new one and decided it would strenghen us not to watch TV. It worked then...hey I think I need to get rid of the one tv we do have! let me ponder that...

jayedee said...

AMEN girl! AMEN!

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Well, that was interesting. I rarely watch Oprah anymore and I certainly don't care what she thinks in relation to religion. But, I do see the point you are making about her influence over non-Christians.

Good for you for standing up for what you believe in!! And professing it. I'd never be mad at you for doing that!!!! You go girl!!!

Cris said...

I've heard about this and it just makes me sick and nervous at the same time with how many people she is misleading. Did you hear why she rejected the idea of what the Bible says who God is? Because it wasn't who SHE felt God was like. And then went on to state that she was taking God "out of the box". If she is rejecting one idea for another idea that better fits her "idea" of what God is like, is she not in fact putting God in the very same "box" that she claims she is taking Him out of? It kills me some of the double standards that some of these people make!

Personally I don't want to believe in a God that goes by how I "feel" because my feelings change as time goes on. I would much rather put my faith and trust in a Jesus that history has shown Him to be. The Jesus of the Bible

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with you!

cajunquilter said...

I am very proud of you for taking a stand. and I totally agree with you.
hugs,

Tanja said...

I've never been a big fan of hers, but I quit watching her at all years ago when she started going on and on about "spirituality" instead of Christianity. And now, we can't even trust the word "Christian" because in the realm of Hollywood, nothing is as it seems. Just further proof that Satan will corrupt even the things the Lord intends for good. Great post!

Pearl Maple said...

Hello there, I am one of your cruising blogs coming back to say howdy and thank you for your kind comments.

Blog cruising is a great pass time, it is funny how one link takes you to someplace completely different every time, always a surprise on who you get to meet.

Liked your post about creative but budget shopping and enjoy your creative works that you share.

Jennifer said...

I have watched the video before. It's upsetting that a woman that has such an influence on so many (and the fact that she KNOWS this) is leading so many astray.

The fact that she is a huge supporter of Borack Obama is quite scary too.

OUR GOD REIGNS! There's only ONE way and that is through him!
It is to him that she will bow down to one day.

I have never been a huge Oprah fan...I DID however THINK that she was a little smarter than this.