Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Tuesday, April 17, 2007


Oh it's so good to be home!!! I did have fun on my trip to NY!!! We went and visited friends in the Syracuse area!! My darling boys got to see a semi pro( I believe) baseball game Syracuse Chiefs vs Ottawa Lynx while the girls went to Michaels and the Christmas Tree Shop!!!
New York is busy! Would I want to live there? The area that I saw.. probably NOT! But it was so different to see these BEAUTIFUL Country farm homes and then right next to them plazas of shopping!
Funny how we can find so many faults in our surrounding areas in which we live, yet when we visit other areas we can't WAIT to be home to where it's comfortable! 2 Corinthians 1:5 b "so also through Christ our comfort overflows" I believe that my home is a comfort through the good times and bad because we have allowed Christ in. He never promised us a perfect life but always situations that He could walk us through and hold our hand and wipe away the tears . He also promised to party down with us in times of Joy and Happiness. I find comfort in such little things! When this magazine shows up in my mailbox I know it's time to take a half an hour to myself and skim through the thin magazine and wish and plot on the things I could make and buy.. but month after month... I don't and that's ok.. Want your own? Go here and request a copy if you LOVE country things http://www.thecountryhouse.com/ I have been told many times that others love to come to my house because it's comfortable and they can put their feet up.. and that it ALWAYS smells like something homemade is cooking. As a young wife and mother that has always been my goal. I have never desired a corporate life or to be at the top and live in one of the high risers in NY. I however, would support any woman that desires that and would encourage them! I believe God made all women strong in many areas.. I have found that area where He has lead me.. and I continue to climb my "corporate" ladder everyday with my home, hubby and kids and I feel pretty darn successful!! My pay?.. it comes in extreme amounts of Love. That's all I desire.
Here's an "old fashioned" Cooke recipe to share! Bake these up and your home will smell so inviting!
Gingersnaps have become a tradition at our house. Each year I make tins of them for family members, and extra to have on hand at the house. There is no comparison to store-bought gingersnaps. The crispiness and the flavor are wonderful. We have rolled our dough in colored sugar as well as plain. It's a little bit messy but they turn out nice, and the kids have a great time! You can store them in tins, cookie jars, cellophane bags for giving or on trays. They stay crispier if they are airtight and not combined with other cookies.
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 egg
Combine flour, soda, spices and salt. Beat shortening for 30 seconds, add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add molasses and egg. Beat til combined. Add dry mix and beat on low until combined. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until light-brown. Cool on racks. Makes 20. Note: I also make tiny gingersnaps and shape the balls into barely one inch in size.

6 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a wonderful vacation!! :)

cajunquilter said...

Oh I adore country home magazine too. It is great to have you back, I have missed your postings and emails!

Mere said...

Have I ever told you how much I LOVE reading your posts?!?!

~Mere

Cris said...

Welcome back. :)

Miss French Jessica said...

Ahh, yes. Home is the most comforting and best place to be, no matter how wonderful your vacation place is. Welcome back home and I'm glad to hear you all had a great time. I think I may try your gingersnaps recipe this weekend. They sound so delish and homey. :)

Kerry McKibbins said...

My father LOVES gingersnaps. I'll have to try this. Thanks!