Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Sunday, March 25, 2007


ahhh just something quick and simple today.. this is one of my favorite catalogs.. truthfully I rarely buy anything out of it.. although I do have several cookbooks from this company.. I just like looking at the stuff in it... BUT...If you are an e-mail subscriber they send you a free recipe once a week... so sign up now if you would like their e-mail.. www.gooseberrypatch.com .. here is their most current recipe posted---

Asparagus & Tomato Quiche
1/2 c.onion,
chopped
2 c. asparagus, chopped
1 T. butter
1 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
1 tomato, chopped
9-inch pie crust, baked
6 eggs
1 c. half-and-half
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and asparagus in butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; stir in cheese and tomato. Pour into pie crust and set aside. Whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended; pour evenly over top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges. Serves 6 to 8.
They also have mini surveys and like to know your thoughts on what your favorite meals are, kitchen devices, hobbies.. etc..
For now.. I'm off to read and relax.. I hope you all have had a GREAT weekend!!

3 comments:

Miss French Jessica said...

I think I love you! :grin: I have been looking for a meatless quiche recipe all Lent!!! Yay! I'm going to copy this and make it Friday. Love your blog. Thanks so much for the comments on mine! Visit anytime!

Mere said...

Hey Flipflop,
I am so LOVING your blog...recipe sounds soooooo delicious :) Anywho, I can't blog this week. Will post again on friday morning. I'll keep reading your blog though!!! ~Mere~

the real ~Roxann~ said...

I love how you do your blog post in multiple colors...how fun!

I love this catalog, too. Thanks for the recipe. ~roxann~