Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Monday, March 19, 2007


Today after work I went to BORDERS.. I rarely go and was just feeling tired and crabby so I decided I would take a guilty pleasure and stop in for a scrapbooking magazine... well about an hour later I walked out with magazines, comics, cookbooks, and three novels... I have to admit.. I did pretty good cause I only spent $31.00. I HAD to buy the Paula Deen Cook Magazine for Maria!! I have heard RAVE reviews about the Yada Yada books so I bought the first one...
Can you believe the amount of magazines in that store though... rack upon rack upon rack.. fortunately I can tend to be a boring person!! snicker snicker... so many of the magazines I didn't even bother looking at.. or maybe it's the CRAZY amount they price them at... $8,$9,$10 plus for a magazine!! Highway robbery if you ask me...but...... like many I succumbed to a few guilty pleasures.. cooking and scrapping!!
Then I head back home.. about a 30 minute drive and I popped in my TobyMac CD.. the new one that is, PORTABLE SOUNDS.. AWESOME AWESOME!!! But as I was listening to the CD on particular song named LOSE MY SOUL...As the words go on and on there is one PHRASE that sings..."I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul" It really got me thinking... do I lose focus on my salvation on worldly things.... more and more lately I have...I'm addicted to scrapbooking.. I'm addicted to magazines.. and I'm addicted to my TV shows.. Paula Deen and Judge Judy.. now don't get me wrong... there is nothing WRONG with loving these things and enjoying these... but lately... they have been my main focus.. and not God.. I've been worrying about how others are walking in their faith around me.. then myself.. This morning I took the time, first in a VERY long time, and did a devotion...my day went very well actually.. and I'm glad that I took those few moments with God.

No comments: