Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Friday, March 30, 2007




We all stumble in many ways. James 3:2 states this. You know..I feel like I have fallen flat on my face in the friendship department. I LOVE my friends and adore them. But I am human and I am afraid that I did not tame my tongue ( or should I say e-mail fingers) about another person. I didn't think it was anything bad or nothing that had been said before, but I believe through e-mail you can never 'feel or hear' an other's voice or expression about certain things. I got a response back that I just didn't understand and at first I wanted to lash back and tell this person that I had no idea what they were talking about.. and in truth.. I didn't.. so I wrote back asking what they meant... and then went on to say maybe I shouldn't open my mouth cause every time I seem to open it I get in trouble.. :( Then I sat there and thought.. maybe that sounded to snarky and didn't want to come off that way so I wrote back and apologized if I did sound that way... I just don't want to walk away from a friendship due to misunderstandings... "The Tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts." James 3:5 Isn't that the truth though... I'm really beginning to like this book of James... I think he might of had some real truths associated with my life today... I have been praying about this and can only hope that the Lord brings us two women together face to face and work out this situation.. if not for a continuing friendship but for at least an understanding and a separation of quiet hearts. Do you have someone that you could apologize to today? Are you waiting for an apology that will never come? I think I'm in both boats today if that's possible..?!?!?!


I however did fix my photo area... I think my anti-virus ( Panda) does not work with my program for my digital cameras.. for some reason it won't read the photo card.. so I went a different route and was able to download my pictures to share!! My son and I decided to greet the teen girls home from school with WARM and inviting HOMEMADE cinnamon rolls... They were beyond yummy..!! Not good for a gal who is trying to watch what she eats!! My son was amazed at the "rising" time of the rolls and how big they got!! I KNOW you want me to share this recipe.. and of course I will!! SUPER DUPER EASY.. if you have a bread machine and a few hours to putter around the house to make these .. then this is your lucky recipe!!!
Old Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls
3.4 cup milk
3 TBSP water
1 large egg
1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
3/4 tsp salt
3 1/3 cups bread flour
3 TBSP sugar
2 Tsp Bread machine yeast
Filling and Topping
1/4 Cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP butter or margarine, softened
Add dough ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the dough/manual cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface. If Neccessary, knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle. If dough is too elastic, cover and let rest for 10 minutes before shaping. Meanwhile, for filling,stir together the filling ingredients.
Divide dough in half. Roll half of dough into a 9X8-inch rectangle. Spread with 1 TBSP softened butter. Sprinkle with half of the filling mixture. Beginning at long end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam to seal. With sharp knife, cut into 6 equal slice. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and filling. Place all the rolls, cut sides up, into ONE greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
Cover dough and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in size, 20-30 minutes. Bake rolls at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until done. Cool slightly;remove from pan. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls. Serve Warm
My Glaze
4 TBSP of Butter, melted
Mixed in with 2 Cups of Confectioners' sugar
1 tsp of vanilla added and then 1-6 Tbsp of HOT
water ONE TBSP at a time to get the right consistency
So here's my challenge to you.. Invite a friend over to chat..or a family of friends just because.. be inviting and share in fellowship.. ah ah ah.. NO excuses... jump out of your box and be inviting.. doesn't matter if the dishes are in the sink.. or the dog hair is floating in the air.. because a friend loveth at ALL times!! I also wanted to share a couple of my on-line friends.. just a few women with whom I chat with everyday.. I go to... www.wmn2wmn.com It's a Christian message board.. a bit slow at times.. but there's a GREAT group of gals over there.. and then I help run a Yahoo group... called heartsforhomemaking@yahoogroups.com .. So if you ever need extra chatter with great women.. there's a couple!!!

10 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

I really enjoyed your post today. Deep thoughts, really. And about those cinnamon rolls, wow, they look delicious. It's a good think I don't have a bread machine, because I'd be in trouble!!!!
Have a great weekend! ~Roxann

Mimi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and praying for my mom. It is greatly appreciated.

My wonderful and amazing husband (16 years today) makes homemade cinnamon rolls that look very similar to that and yum are they good!

MeMe said...

I pray that everything works out well for you. And one more thing thoes cinnimon rolls look great. I would make them but I would probably eat them all by myself and never lose the weight I want. LOL. Also thanks for your comments on my blog

Mere said...

What an AWESOME post!!! AMEN!!! I couldn't have said that better myself!!! Btw, my blog is updated!!! Keep blogging!!

~Mere~

Cris said...

I'm glad you are trying to work things out. I think we've all stuck our foots in our mouths at one point in time or another. And there are people like me who have stuck both of them in at the same time. LOL. I hope things work out. The book of James is a great one. And he doesn't seem to be the type to dance around words. He'll give it to you straight forward. LOL. And I agree, those cinamon rolls look awesome! I will defintely have to try them one day. :)

Kerry McKibbins said...

I've had similar trouble with e-mail. You just never know the true "tone".
I love reading your blog.

.Tom Kapanka said...

It is so easy to read our own mood or disposition into someone else's words--especially in emails. They are so one-dimensional. Even a phone call lets you hear inflections and make quick corrections, but emails can be a tongue trap for sure. I've had that happen to me. By the way, we're on Spring Break and I plan to write part II of why I don't drink, but it will be under the original post not on the top of the stack. Thanks for reading.

Jill said...

I hope you and your friends get this worked out soon. :-( It's true about the tone - so hard!

The rolls look delicious!!!!!!! Jill

SnwAngl71 said...

You stopped by my blog the other day and I thought I'd hop on over here. Really liking yours! And I am SO going to try that cinnamon roll recipe! I noticed in your profile that you liked scrapbooking. I wanted to invite you over to the forum that I am a part of. www.scrapthemoment.com Great bunch of ladies over there! Very talented! Hope to see you and thank you for the very kind comment on my blog!
Hugs,
Angel =)

Lara Neves said...

I actually got in trouble with my blog a few weeks ago. And I felt so awful because the person who misunderstood made a huge deal over it, and is no longer speaking with me. So, I now have a rule that I will not blog about anything that might be misunderstood in that way.

Those cinammon rolls look delish...I was thinking I wanted to make some yesterday, I just might use your recipe. :)