Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Sunday, May 20, 2007

"All the lands are at rest and at peace, they break into singing." Isaiah 14:7

This bible quote.. is sooooo true... If the lands are at rest ( to me.. meaning my home and everyone in it) than I am at peace.. and I can SING!! I love to sing... Do Re Me Fa So La Te Do........( did I sing that right.. har har)


I don't know about you and your home, but this past week mine was CRAZY!!! It went from a birthday, to an anniversary, to a twisted ankle for my daughter, a smashed face from a baseball for my son down to a graduation party and preparing food for a special friend, running around for PROM and a blog party for me.... I also worked one day this week. My week was CRAZY! Period!


This is the time of year where everyone is coming and going..and some days I can't keep up.. I just want to crash and relax and NAP..oh I LOVE naps.. but I probably won't get another nap until after ALL * STARS of baseball is done in August.. HA HA HA HA...


Since I can't nap.. my favorite relaxation skill.. I need new ideas on how YOU relax.. maybe a 15 minute runaway time... Can you relax with you kids and husband right there? ( Lucky ducky if you can).. Can you relax reading a book for 15 minutes... ?? Give me some creative Ideas.. PLEASE!!!


Ok.. here's my * CONTEST* for this week... ( I'm loving these!!!) I want to hear your creative way of finding rest in Chaos...How do you re-charge when you are limited with time... I want to try them all and see what worked best for me... Ü

The PRIZE...A CD from Wal*Mart... I'm not sure what the cover looks like.. but this one was DARLING and I had to share it here... well.. it also couldn't be because I HAVE a yellow lab that does just that!!! tee hee.. I actually have a CD in mind with a few other little goodies... So pour those ideas out to me.. I'm ready and waiting!! Ü

9 comments:

Cris said...

I'm able to relax around hubby by just cuddling and watching a movie...but with the kids, now that I don't know. LOL. Usually when the kids get roudy and I feel like I'm getting stressed out, I either send them outside to play or take them to the park. :P

And if I am fortunate enough to get some time alone, the best thing that helps me to relax is to paint.

Mrs.D said...

Thanks for visiting my blog by way of Carolyn's party. Happy Scrapbooking!

Mere said...

I relax with music and the internet....just peace and quiet works too!! Great post today!! RELAX!! It will be ok!

~Mere

Lara Neves said...

Honestly? I wish I had a good answer for this. When there is chaos i tend to go crazy or shut down simply because I don't know how to relax. :) Scrapbooking I suppose is helpful. I do that a lot...just try to ignore everything else.

cajunquilter said...

well my very favorite way to relax is to take some type of handwork, knitting or quilting, a nice praise cd, a cool glass of tea, hot tea, coffee, and sit out on the swing for a little while. the birds and squirrels put on quite a show, and somedays i don't do much handwork lol, but i always come in feeling refreshed.

Soon it will be to hot here to enjoy that so even with the migraine i have gone out for at least 15 minutes a day (with sunglasses on cause of the headache lol)

Miss French Jessica said...

I calm down and find some peace when I am creative. Either baking, scrapping, jewlery making...something that takes the focus off of me and on to something else. I'm much less self-absorbed. I'm able to detach and see the situation/chaos in a different light and work with/around it as necessary. Scrapping gives me immense peace because it calms me down, gives me creative release and also helps remind me how lucky I am in life. I have a wonderful family with mostly wonderful memories.

Noelia said...

Relaxing for me can be anything that I do to make myself feel better. It can be a home manicure or a facial, it can be organizing papers and toys. It can also be cleaning. I think that cleaning is a major stress reliever for me because messes stress me way too much. That's a part of me. But when everything else fails, I just bake. Choc chip cookies are my favorite to bake.

Happywife84 said...

WOW! I love all of these ideas!

Here are mine that I can do in 15 min: Internet, power nap, reading, games on my PDA, praying, sitting outside with sweet tea!

Trish D said...

I use my stamping as my outlet - I've done many, MANY crafts over the years, but this is definitely the one for me. And I love that I can have a finished product in just 15 minutes - a wonderful feeling when you're a Mom! Give me 15 minutes alone with my ink pads and I'm a happy woman ;)