Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Wednesday, May 09, 2007



<----- This is the only picture I could find quick enough to post in my blog... it's cute.. but I hope I don't get in trouble for using it.. YIKES!!

Well you know that I'm reading my chocolotherapy book... and last night while reading I found a little snippet about God... If God was a gossiper.. What would he say about you?

Now I Know what you're thinking.. you're off your rocker.. God doesn't gossip, it's a sin... It's just plain NOT Christ like... I know.. I know.. But for giggles.. What are a few things right here right now.. that you think God would TELL ME about you!! Of course I'm a secret keeper.. so I would never Tell!!!!

For me.. I think God would tell you all.. that.. I'm LOST in the direction I'm going in my life.. I don't know what the future is suppose to hold and have been Lost for about two years... That I'm not listening close enough to HIM or following direction. I don't spend enough time in the word, therefor our relationship is strained, yet I'm not a hopeless cause.. ( but then again NO ONE IS!!)...That I'm a giving person and I put my family FIRST.. ALWAYS.. That I can be selfish and unselfish all in the same action.... But no matter what I do.. I am always forgiven and loved unconditionally.. and sometimes I put that Love on a back burner because there are days I just don't know what to do with it!!

Have you ever been hurt by gossip?? Or have you gossiped and hurt someone? I think we can pretty much ALL say both has happened..."A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks to much." Proverbs 20:19 I envy women who can talk and NOT gossip.. I ENVY people who can ONLY say nice things about others... I always ask God.. "Why don't I have a heart like that"... His reply if I could guess... "You could you just chose to speak before you think.. the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body... but it can also be the MOST hurtful if not exercised right".... GULP!!!!

The next time you feel like speaking BAD about someone... WRITE IT DOWN and then throw it away.. I think getting it out still helps... but maybe not directing at another human being might be more kind.... I'm guilty... sooooooooo guilty.....But working hard at it!!

5 comments:

Miss French Jessica said...

What a great reflection! I don't know if I gossip...at least not as much as others. I find it so hurtful. I'm most definitely not without sin, so I'm sure I do do it from time to time. I have been on the biting end of gossip and it hurts so I try to remember that and not gossip. I also worry my daughter will become a gossip or hurt others. Right now, we're trying to teach her that her words are powerful and she needs to remember that what she says could be hurtful. We've been working on her choosing appropriate words. It's so hard. Thank you for the reminder. It will be something I need to reflect on.

MeMe said...

You know that is very true and I thankyou for posting that because it gives me a lot to think about.

cajunquilter said...

well before my bible study this morning He would have said that I was in danger of being in bitterness. But since He is faithful to finish what He has started in me, I was able to overcome that with His help.

And He would say that He loves me unconditionally. Which is good for me lol.

Cris said...

He would definitely say that I am opinionated and impatient. And I definitely have my problems with gossiping...but it's just so HARD when certain people continously rub you the wrong way!!! OK, I'm done ranting. :P

But on a positive note I think He would say that I am faithful and devoted to my family and friends.

Mere said...

I think we're all guilty of the gossip bug!! It's a terrible thing.....But our AWESOME GOD gets us through!! The paper thing sounds like a good idea...must try it!! This post blessed me today!!

~Mere