Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done. Galatians 6:4

Monday, May 14, 2007

"My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king;my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer." Psalm 45:1



I wanted to say Congrats again to Amberley again for sharing her 5 things she is grateful for!! That package is headed out the door in a few minutes!



This morning I was thinking about how wonderful the Internet is.. how I can communicate with everyone here each and every day. But then I think the Lord put something in my heart this morning... our OLDER generation... those that don't do the Internet.. those that still have rotary phones that probably sit by them and wait for them to ring daily.... As much as I would like to believe everyone loves the Internet.. or EVERYONE has cell phones.. it's just not true.. and those that tend to have neither.. can be forgotten... guilty myself of it...

The older generation to me are the ones who probably fought in World War 2 and Vietnam... I think back to those days even though I wasn't even thought of yet.. of how they communicated with their loved ones while fighting for my future freedom... My thought.. "old fashioned" letter writing... Ok.. now take a second and think back to when was the last time you got a "beefy" letter from anyone? When was the last time you wrote a letter FOR anyone? Kids don't even get in trouble in schools these days for passing notes.. they pass TEXT messages....

I was at Home Depot yesterday and I heard one gal yell to another.. "oh hey TEXT me about play dates for the kids".. I stood there and gawked.. probably rude of me.. but I did.."TEXT ME"... what happened with the telephone... I'm 34 and I don't understand a TEXT.. I really don't.. Now.. don't get me wrong.. I'm not judging you all if you do.. it's just going to be one of those life mystery's to me I think!! Ü



Ok.. ready for this.. this is THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE....

I want you to pick ONE person in your life that you can take this week and write a NICE thoughtful meaning letter to.. preferably someone you may always think about.. but haven't talk to lately... You may even write a LOVE letter to your husband... Tell me who you're going to write to.. and what will your opening line be....

Your PRIZE.. a Stationary Set.. I'll be on the prowl this week looking for one... or better yet.. I just might stamp you one.. !! I'll let you know mid week what I'll be doing.. So again, you have til FRIDAY 8 PM to respond to my BLOG.. and the peas who don't have one.. POST it to the board!!



Here's a cute Stationary set I found on line..



Here is their website.. http://www.americanstationery.com/catalog_request.asp You can request a free Catalog

My letter you might ask... well I think I have TWO people in mind this week.. One my Grandfather whom I haven't seen in a few years.. and he lives only 45 minutes away.. YIKES..
And to my Loving husband.. whom I've been married to for 13 years TODAY!!!! My opening line to my Darling Husband.... There is no man greater than you! You are my best friends, my love and a wonderful provider......
You're turn!!

6 comments:

cajunquilter said...

Happy Anniversary !!!! May the Lord richly bless both of you this year by drawing both of you closer to HIM and to each other. Oh I wish I lived closer to give you both a wonderful anniversary party! What are you doing for the anniversary? Are you cooking? Going out to supper?

Spill girl lol.

Shannon P. said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I agree with you completely about text messages replacing human contact sometimes- including the internet and email.. I can't remember the last time I hand wrote a letter!!!!! But now with a cell phone, I'm appreciating talking to people a lot more. on the other hand, I wish I coudl text just to tell some people a quick little hello or I love you- I think it all is about balance too... Crazy days we are in! Crazy days...

Mere said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

~Mere

Lara Neves said...

This blog is so true! I think most people have email or even texting (don't worry, I just started doing it this last few months, LOL!)

There is one person though, and that's my step-grandmother, who is actually the only grandparent I have left. I think I'll get her a card tomorrow. Thanks for the nudge. :)

Cris said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

I will have to come back to later with my opening statement, but I just recently received a couple of letters from my sponsored child and will be writing her a letter later today. :)

the real ~Roxann~ said...

My letter is to my friend Beth, who I have lost touch with.
My opener:
To my Dear Beth...
I am sorry I suck so much as your friend. Please forgive me. I can't believe that I haven't spoken to you in over 6 months and it's all my fault. I moved and I haven't called.
(how's that for honesty....)